Saturday, February 26, 2011
Just love how Debi stamped the whale on this cute patterned paper! What a fun change from coloring it in or stamping on solid colored paper. This whale is from the Lawn Fawn set called Critters in the Sea and has many other cute sea creatures to choose from. Love how she layered the punched cardstock over patterned paper too for a neat effect. Thanks Debi!
Friday, February 25, 2011
She also used these cute papers by My Mind's Eye in the musical notes and mini flowers (see tag). Love all the little accents too like the ribbon, heart buttons and orange rose, which perfectly matches the octopus!
Thursday, February 24, 2011
Aaah, and the cling sets have been re-ordered... just can't seem to keep these in stock! Remember, each set comes with a card or box pattern for free!
Just in time for girls day....
And don't forget the boys!
Hurry in for best selection!
As promised, here's the last card from Debi's Distress Ink 2 class. This cutie is actually a polar bear, but with a little distress ink, he's now a brown bear! Now that's the way to get the most from your stamps right?
If you are in Debi's class this Saturday, you will learn this technique in addition to the other cards that were posted earlier. If you missed out on signing up for this class, Debi will likely hold more sessions in the next few months, so be on the lookout for class announcements.
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
The minute this ticket themed paper came in, I knew Debi would make a great card with it... she cut out the tickets from the paper, which shows how versatile the paper is! The stamp is by Lawn Fawn and the die is the Lacey Circles die by Spellbinders. She topped it off with some twine and stickles. So cute!
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
Just wanted to let everyone know that there's a new class that just opened up! Don has worked his magic again with his punches and we've gotten such great feedback that he's agreed to do a class on them. You will be making these two cards in this class.
- Session #1:
- Date: Saturday, March 5, 2011
- Time: 11-12:30pm
- Session #2:
- Date: Wednesday, March 9, 2011
- Time: 3:30pm-5:00pm
- Cost: $15
- Supplies to bring: scissors and double stick tape
Friday, February 18, 2011
- All Martha Stewart Punches are 10% off (excluding red tagged items).
- New Dandelion Designs cling stamp sets are 10% off.
- 50% off all red tagged items!! We recently marked down more items, so come in early for best selection.
- 30% off coupon for regular priced items for IS members only. Don't forget to bring your coupon!
Saturday, February 12, 2011
Just wanted to let you know that the time for the Japanese Card Set Class for Session #2 has changed to a new time. Instead of 11:00am-12:30pm, the class will be held from 3:30pm-5:00pm. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please contact the store if you are interested in signing up for this class.
Thursday, February 10, 2011
I'm pretty sure Debi's Distress Inks 2 Classes are probably filled by now, but check with the store if you want to sign up. If it is full, you can be placed on a waiting list in case another class opens up. We are hoping Debi will do another class in March.
Here's the class samples she dropped off last week. There's one more card, but I guess I forgot to take a photo of it!! Sorry- will try to get to it this week.
Again, you can take this class even if you haven't taken Distress Inks 1. Debi will likely be teaching Distress Inks 1 again for those of you who missed it.
Wednesday, February 9, 2011
Tuesday, February 8, 2011
Good news for all you washi paper fans out there... a new stock just arrived from Hanko Designs! The firs photo is the new designs that are now available... The next photo is of the re-orders of our favorite patterns. Hurry in for best selection!
Monday, February 7, 2011
Just a little note to let you know that our shipment has arrived and there are lots of new goodies in the store! Here's just a few highlights:
- New Martha Stewart Punches including Swirling Lace set, Cherry Blossom set, Laurel Leaf set, French Scroll set, Bubble Bath set, Loopy Ribbon Set, some new deep edge punches, and so much more!
- EK Success flat edger punches in new designs: plaid, circle chain edger, etc. Back in stock are whale of a punch butterfly, flourish punches.
- New Paper by Best Creation, Doodlbug Designs, My Mind's Eye, Echo Park, and more!
- New Martha Steward Border Stickers- these are great for scrapbooking or card making. All have adhesive, so just peel and stick! See them in cherry blossom (clear), butterflies, and other borders.
- Distress Inks, blending tools, and replacement foam are back in stock.
- Penny Black stamps- Mimi and her friends are available in clear sets and wood mount. So cute for Valentine's Day! Other Penny Black stamps are also here including Betsy Bluebell (clear) and Good Catch
- SWALK stamps by Crafter's Companion- these stamps are so cute! Plus we've mounted them so you don't have to!
- Re-orders on Spellbinders are in too: Labels 14, Lacey Circles, Stars and some standard shapes like big scallop circles, rectangles, etc.
- New adhesive backed cork in 12x12 sheets! Now you just cut, peel and stick!
- And Much More!
Wednesday, February 2, 2011
Happy February! February is a busy busy class month for us. The instructors have come out of hiding from their break and have a bunch of new classes for all of you! More class info is provided later in the newsletter.
Its been so nice seeing everyone again after our long inventory break. The store has a fresh new look and we've been busy making a lot of samples to inspire you. Please check our blog regularly for sample inspirations and new product arrivals.
Speaking of new arrivals, have you heard of some of the new products that have been introduced?
- Lawn Fawn clear stamps- these images are so cute and stamp really well! They sell out quickly, so if you are looking for a specific set, let us know so we'll be sure to order it for you. We are the first and only Hawaii retailer to carry Lawn Fawn, so this is the only place you can get your hands on it!
- Sakura punches- Woo Hoo! These punches have been requested time and time again and we are finally able to bring them in! We have several sizes and even have just the single petal punches in different sizes. More have been ordered since the last shipment is almost gone, so hurry in for best selection.
- Hanko Washi Paper- Yay! New washi paper designs by Hanko are in for all your washi paper enthusiasts!
- New CC's Designs- Some of the new designs and some old favorites are back in stock! Check out our new wall of CC's!
- And Much More!
We are sorry to announce that Craft Nights have been cancelled indefinitely. Thank you to those that regularly came and supported our Craft Nights! Thank you for your understanding.
Spring Cleaning Sale
Yes, spring is coming and that means its time to start cleaning up! We are planning our semi-annual Spring Cleaning Sale for March, so start going through your old craft items that you want to get rid of. Its a great opportunity to make room for new craft toys and get great deals on gently used craft items. Please provide a master listing of all of your items, and remember to label all items with your initials, item number (coordinates with your list) and cost of each item. We will announce drop off dates in the next newsletter. Contact the store for more info.
Distress Inks 2
Debi is back with new techniques using Distress Inks by Ranger. If you had fun the first time, come back to learn more ways to use your inks. If you haven't taken Distress Inks 1, you will be introduced to a great type of ink and learn how versatile it is. Please note- you do not need to have taken Distress Inks 1 to sign up for this class. We will make three cards in this class. Please see store for samples.
Date: Saturday, Feburary 12, 2011
Date: Saturday, February 26, 2011
Supplies: double stick tape, scissors, Copics. If you have a craft mat and Distress Ink blending tool, please bring them (not required).
Japanese Card Set Class
Yes, Kelli is back from maternity leave and ready to craft! She is teaching two sessions of this Japanese card sets that you will love. In addition to cards, students will also be making a box to hold the cards. Perfect for gift giving or keep for yourself.
Date: Friday, February 18, 2011
Date: Friday, February 25, 2011
Supplies: Scoreboard, paper trimmer, removable or adjustable adhesive (i.e. Hermafix)
Faux Cloisonne & Glitter Class
Come and learn two amazing techniques in one class! Kelli will teach you how to use stencils to make professional looking cards with microfine glitter and embossing powder.
Date: Saturday, February 19, 2011
Supplies: Double stick tape or adhesive