Thursday, April 14, 2011

Cowabunga Dude!


Island Scrapbooking has been invaded by surfers! Hurry, Surfer Anya is going quickly! I think there's just enough time to post this project before she sells out. She is the newest Anya in the Greeting Farm collection and boy is she a cutie! Found my old set of ocean sentiments by CC's and used the "Seas the day" sentiment on the cover. Don't know if you can tell from the photo, but I used some diamond glaze on the surfboard to give it a shiny look.


Here's what the card looks like when its opened- Ta Daaa! Yup, made another pleated center pop up card. Meant to finish this up before my classes last week, but glad I waited since I could incorporate Surfer Anya on the front.


I've gotten a few questions already on how I made the wave- well it was just cut free hand (sorry no template used), then I used my alcohol inks and blender tool (with felt instead of foam) and blotted it onto the acetate to turn it blue. Then I went over it again with a pearly white and silver inks for the "foam". I'm pretty sure you could use copic ink since its alcohol based to get the same effect.

After I mounted Ian, he looked kinda lonely, so I used the Lawn Fawn Critters in the Sea set and inked up the turtle and hermit crab so he wouldn't be so lonely. That is such a cute set and a great way to add some accents for beach themed cards and scrapbook pages.




In addition to Surfer Anya, we also received Daisy and Twirl Anya. Surfer Anya is going fast, so you'll have to hurry if you want to get your hands on her!

No comments:

Post a Comment