Monday, October 10, 2011

New Products Revealed!

We just wanted to thank everyone who stopped by and helped us to celebrate our 8th Anniversary! Customers had a lot of fun shopping, eating, playing games and doing our free make 'n takes!


So if you were not able to join us for our 8th Anniversary party on 10/8, here's what you missed... we brought in some new product lines that we think you'll love! First up is Pure Innocence clear stamps by My Favorite Things. These clear stamps come in a set with sentiments to coordinate with each image. They stamp great too!
I couldn't resist making this little girl actually swing! I didn't have a good tree stamp that was big enough, so I used the Lawn Fawn tree from the Critters in the Burb's set and stamped it three times on cardstock that I had already distressed using my Distress inks. Since the background paper had an autumn feel, I wanted my tree to look like it was autumn too, so I picked reds, oranges and browns instead of green. Instead of the tree trunk, I opted for a wider branch and used the log from the Lawn Fawn critters in the forest set. Love how these stamps work well together. Here's a shot of this cutie swinging away...See she can go back...
And forth!

OK- true story.... When I showed this card to Debi and Tracy, they both asked me if she was swinging from a cloud!? I guess my "autum" tree leaves didn't come out exactly as planned!

Anyway, these little cuties come in all different poses and great matching sentiments! Love them all and can't wait to see what you come up with!

The other product line we were able to bring to you is a line you might already be familiar with... Lifestyle Crafts (formerly known as Quickutz) has great wafer thin dies in all kinds of shapes. Some even come in nested shapes, so you will have flexibility on the size of your die cut.

I chose this cute lantern die to work with. Reminds me of the ones we used to make in elementary school except cuter. My first try didn't come out exactly as I had hoped. So I did a re-do at the store and was so much happier with the results. Decided to cut the lantern out of vellum instead of cardstock and it made a world of difference. Stamped each lantern using a Stampendous sakura branch stamp using stazon black ink. Since I used stazon, I couldn't color directly on the area that I had stamped, so I ended up coloring on the back of the vellum instead and it worked out quite well.

We think if you left it on the table and stuck a tea light inside it would be quite cute!


Check back on Tuesday for a list of winners from the Anniversary Sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment