Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!

Can you believe October is over?  Before the month ends, I thought I'd pop in to share the make 'n take project from the Anniversary Sale.  I literally came up with this project the morning of the make 'n take!  Talk about procrastination!!!

For a few years now, I've been meaning to teach everyone how to make the mini backpack that I've been spying all over the internet.  Of course, by now, its pretty old news.  I thought everyone would think- been there, done that... but that wasn't the case.  Everyone seemed pretty happy making this project.

Since the Tim Holtz mini treat bag die arrived just in time for the sale, I decided to use it in the project.  It was just the right size to become a backpack!  Don't assemble the bag until you are done adding straps.  To create the flap, I just punched out a 3" scallop circle and folded it in half.  Adhere one half to the back of the bag, leaving the other half without adhesive.



Then punch holes in the back.  You can measure in about 3/8 of an inch from top/bottom/sides.  Tie ribbons so that knots are on the inside, then seal up the bag.  Add velcro to the flap to allow it to open/close. I added the ghost from Imaginisce.   He was perfect since he did not require any coloring!!!  This bag was perfect to hold a couple of Halloween sized candies.


Of course, you can try different sized bags for different sized backpacks..  you get the drift right?

Special thanks to Tracy for taking over blog duties while I was on vacation!  Maybe she'll start posting more often? :)  Happy Halloween Everyone!

1 comment: